Monday, April 5, 2010

Garden-o-genesis


This Saturday my sister and I started a garden.
To be fair the hillside had already been terraced an
d fenced, but we weeded, turned and enriched the soil. Then we planted it. We planted starts of heirloom tomatoes, thyme and purple basil. We planted seeds of lettuce (three varieties), chard, parsley, radishes, carrots, broccoli, beans and peas. I also planted Consolida ambigua 'Giant Imperial', Nigella damascena 'Miss Jekyll', Nicotiana alata 'Sensation Mix' and Eschscholzia 'Mission Bells' in the lower tiers.

Since I didn't wear gloves, my hands got really muddy and I don't have many pictures...Besides this one.
We are going to go back next weekend to weed and check out our little seedlings! Hopefully I'll also add some eggplant seedlings to the garden

No comments: