Monday, June 30, 2008

June 26

On Thursday I remixed the nutrient solutions in the greenhouse.

Since Thursday evening the Low treatment has been the previous High treatment, the Medium treatment and the High treatment have had increased NO3 and PO4 concentrations.


Initially I hoped to make stock solutions that were 1M NO3, .6M PO4 (Medium) and 5M NO3, 3MPO4 (High) but that didn't work out. I used up almost all the chemicals we had and I still had problems with crystals not dissolving completely and or crashing out. In the end I settled for much more dilute solutions, which were still not ideal in terms of solubility. I also had a heck of a time trying to get the intake tubes on the dosatrons to clear. I wasn't sure what to take apart in which manner, but eventually I figured it out without breaking anything.


I need to take more accurate measuring and mixing tools out to the greenhouse as well.

No comments: