Monday, June 30, 2008

June 30

This morning I started in the greenhouse.

I checked up on the test pots and the nitrogen deficiency doesn't seem to have gotten much better, however it certainly has gotten worse for the plants under the lowest NO3 concentration. Maybe recovery will be more evident after another week.

I brought in all the necessary pots (600) for the experiment. I doubled up many of the pots and cleaned out any dirt that had been left behind, but I couldn't prepare entirely because the perlite hasn't come yet to block the bottoms of each pot.

I took two more sand samples from each pot and started straight away on the KCl extracts. Because my DA tutorial was moved back to Tomorrow morning I only have today to have the last round of samples prepared. That means that I skipped doing P resins for now and just set up the KCl (still in progress). I obviously had to do the alternate protocol that inlvolves putting the samples on the shaker for two hours rather than letting them sit over night because of time issues.

No comments: