Sunday, October 28, 2012

Donna Brigham

I went to Lowe's this afternoon to get an indoor shelf to put my passionflower seedlings and germination trays on and I noticed that there was a garden center across the street.
Plant rack with germination chamber

I picked up their last Passiflora 'Donna Brigham' and a Penstemon 'Bev Jensen' which I planted together in a terra cotta pot with a Lepchinia hastata that I'd purchased previously.


Passiflora 'Donna Brigham' with Penstemon and Lepechinia
I'd wanted a 'Donna Brigham' for quite a while: they had a sign for them at Sloat, but no actual plants the last few times I'd been there.

There are now 5 seedlings in the first (outside) germination chamber, here is a shot of 4 of them. The most recently sprouted was soaked in orange juice and planted on 10/2/2012 so germination in under a month!
4 Passiflora antioquiensis seedlings in a flat
Passiflora antioquiensis seedlings



No comments: